Having plants throughout a room is a great way to bring colors, textures, and dimensions throughout but unfortunately, having real plants can be difficult. That's why having fake plants can be a great alternative. And let's be honest it sucks having a plant die on you! I'll break down why it's okay to have fake plants and list of places to purchase a few.
Some positives of having fake plants are:
- Low maintenance: You don't have to worry about the plant not getting enough water, over watering, not enough sunlight, fertilizer, moisture control, bug control, and other maintenance cost and time associated with having a natural plant. This makes fake plants more cost effective, artificial plants are also the most economical option for someone with a tight budget as they are a long-term one-time investments.
- Safe from kids, pets, and allergies: Some plants can be toxic to pets and children. Also, don't forget about the soil, fertilizer, pesticides and other items that would need to be given to your plant over time creating more toxins.
- Flexibility of where you can put it (no seasonal effects): Again, no need to do a ton of research ahead of time what plant will work best in your home, where and why. A fake plant will survive all year long.
- Price: Since I do own real plants I will say they are expensive in the beginning. You have to buy the plant, pot, soil, fertilizer, drainage, stands, and more. The costs can add up quick! Where buying a fake plant is a one time purchase and you get everything included.
- Size: When you buy a real plant you have to wait for it to grow and sometimes it can grow out of control if you don't know how to trim it. If you bought a fake one you already know the dimensions beforehand and not having to worry about the maintenance/time of a real one.
Where to Purchase
There are a ton of different places to purchase fake plants with all different price points. Here are a few of the places we like to source our fake plants:
And of course you can pick up fake individuals and potted plants from craft stores such as Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joann, etc.
Thank you for joining in and reading! I hope you got an insight into what we do, who we work with, the reality behind making old spaces new, and how awesome are clients are!